Becoming an Innovation Champion
June 23-25, 2014
This intense, three-day executive education program in New York City is designed to help business leaders create and sustain a culture of innovation in their workplace. It is part of the Cornell Executive Business Education series, delivered by the Samuel Curtis Johnson Graduate School of Management at Cornell University in partnership with Cornell’s School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions.
Led by a team of Cornell experts, this experiential program will help you develop an "innovative mindset." It will give you practical tools and techniques that you can implement immediately to foster a culture of innovation in your workplace and to generate fresh ideas that improve business performance and achieve organizational strategies.
The program will utilize the New York City "market as the classroom" to develop consumer insight strategies, generate new ideas, and learn world-class best practices in the competitive environment.
In addition to taking an innovation leadership assessment, you will explore topics including:
- creating networks of innovation;
- ideation (how to generate and select innovative ideas);
- how to develop potential customers;
- understanding intellectual property and strategy; and
- making innovation and change happen.
Through high-impact presentations, interactive workshops, and a team innovation competition, you will learn how to drive innovative ideas to execution; assess outcomes; create a culture of risk-taking, continuous improvement, and innovation; and build a network of supporters to help you develop and sustain innovative ideas and concepts in the future.
Throughout, you will benefit from Cornell’s extensive connections, Ivy League faculty expertise, and an immersive learning process.
At the end of the program, successful graduates will receive a Cornell Executive Business Education certificate of completion.
This focused learning experience will help you:
- master new tools and techniques to drive business growth through innovation, strategic thinking, and financial acumen;
- become an innovation champion through ideation, insight development, and implementation for business value;
- embody a more strategic approach to your daily business through increased strategic thinking tools and awareness;
- deliver increased business value through a better understanding and ownership of financial metrics and marketing strategies;
- demonstrate new leadership skills and behaviors, including stronger self awareness, team leadership, and strategic business leadership; and
- form a network across multiple businesses and industries to leverage for further business growth and development.
Who Should Attend
The program is designed for middle to senior managers and business owners who want to strengthen their skills as innovation leaders.
Building on the idea that all managers and leaders can be innovative in their roles and organizations, the program focuses on developing skills, tools, and practices that can be applied immediately to transform ideas into business value.