Welcome to Cornell University's award-winning Summer College Programs for High School Students!
To start planning your Summer College experience, follow these steps:
- Review our programs.
We offer three- and six-week programs for sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Check program descriptions for eligibility, dates, credits, and application deadlines.
- To get a head start on the application process, you might want to start thinking about your application statements (see below).
- It can also save time to figure out which school officials you'll need to contact to obtain your official high school transcript and grade report.
- In addition, you might want to consider which teachers or guidance counselors you would like to ask for a recommendation (and how much lead time they'll need to complete your request).
- If you are an international student, be sure to start the visa process as soon as possible.
- For general questions about our program, see our Summer College FAQs, search the site, or contact us.
Please think carefully about the following three questions, they're an important part of your application.
Each response should be in English and should not exceed 250 words.
Briefly list your three most significant interests and activities, including any employment or volunteer work experience. Note the time you devote to each activity, during which grades you participated, and your main responsibilities. Describe why one of these interests or activities is so important to you, your reasons for becoming involved in it, and your related accomplishments.
- A personal statement will help us to get to know you better. What distinguishes you from your classmates and peers? What do you expect to gain from Summer College and to accomplish during the program?
Tell us about your interest in the Summer College programs (both choices 1 and 2) you selected in part 1 of your application. Why did you select them? What do you hope to gain from them? Tell us about any personal, work, or volunteer experience you've had related to them.
If you are applying to the RABS program, tell us about a biological research project that you have initiated or participated in.