About Summer College
"A world-class program . . ."
Cornell University Summer College offers acclaimed three- and six-week precollege programs for talented sophomores, juniors, and seniors from around the world.
Now more than fifty years old, Cornell’s Summer College is one of the oldest and most prestigious programs of its kind in the United States.
As a summer Cornellian you can:
- Experience the excitement of college life at a great Ivy League university
- Take fascinating college courses with renowned Cornell faculty
- Get a head start on college by earning three to six college credits
- Attend a college fair and receive one-on-one admissions counseling
- Live, study, and play on one of the nation's most beautiful campuses
- Make friends from more than 40 countries around the world
As a Summer College student you'll enroll in one or more of Cornell's fast-paced and rigorous undergraduate courses and enjoy the rare opportunity to work closely with some of Cornell's most outstanding professors.
The grades and credits you earn here will be recorded on an official Cornell University transcript. These credits can generally be applied toward an undergraduate degree at Cornell or another school.
You'll live in a residence hall on campus alongside about 900 other Summer College students and enjoy a wide range of fun activities. Summer College staff will be available 24/7 to support you as you tackle college classes, juggle free time and coursework, negotiate life with a roommate, and practice living on your own.
As our alumni attest, students who attend Summer College frequently aim higher when choosing a college or university. You'll also find that what you learn at Summer College about your interests and aptitudes, along with your Cornell grades and credits, can become important factors in gaining admission to your first-choice college.
Graduate Martha Glodz is not alone when she says it all adds up to "an unforgettable, life-changing summer!"
Now, let’s get started . . .