This information pertains to Summer Session 2014. If you would like to be notified when information about Summer Session 2015 is available, please sign up for e-mail updates.
Enrollment and registration
Cornell has an open-admissions policy for Summer Session that is independent of admission to the fall and spring academic terms.
To attend Summer Session you must
- Enroll: enrollment involves letting us know who you are and what courses you would like to take. We urge you to enroll as soon as possible to get into the courses you want and to avoid paying applicable fees.
- Register: registration happens when you pay.
Your enrollment is contingent upon meeting any course prerequisites, completing your registration, and fulfilling any other applicable requirements. It is also subject to space availability in your selected classes. Depending on who you are or for what courses and/or programs you're enrolling, you may be able to enroll online.
Please be advised that you must complete the Summer Session health history form by the time you begin Summer Session. See Health to review information about health requirements, deadlines, and late fees and to download the required form.
You are also expected to be familiar with the information contained in Cornell Policies, including the statements on academic integrity, attendance, and registration.
So let's get started. Who are you?
- an undergraduate student
- a graduate student
- a student interested in independent study
- an international student
- a high school student
- a Cornell employee
- a Cornell retiree
- a senior citizen
- a student needing to make up an incomplete
- someone interested in auditing a course
- an adult learner or extramural student
If you're not certain where you fit in, please contact us and we'll be happy to help you figure it out.
Before downloading and submitting these forms, please read the information linked above to be sure you follow the correct enrollment procedures.