Business, Politics and Culture in Europe
May 18-June 21, 2014
The following information pertains to the last time this program was offered. If you would like to be notified via e-mail when new information is available, please subscribe to the Summer Session announcement list.
Enrollment for the 2014 program is now closed. If you would like to be notified when information is available about the 2015 program, please sign up for e-mail updates.
This intensive four-week, five-credit program will introduce you to the dynamic integration processes in Europe and their impact on the way business is conducted there.
The program has two components:
- a study tour to major European institutions and business organizations in Frankfurt, Strasbourg, Basel, Zurich, and Milan, and
- an online companion course to be taken after the tour is completed.
Even though the online portion of the program occurs after the study tour, it is a required component of the program.
The program is directed by Dr. Elena Iankova, an award-winning professor who teaches at Cornell's Johnson Graduate School of Management.
Through the program, you will have an extraordinary opportunity to:
- deepen your knowledge of European integration, the EU institutions and common policies, and the general business environment in Europe;
- gain an insider's view of how business operates in EU member states by visiting a variety of companies in Europe;
- develop skills that will help you in your future studies and professional career, especially analytical, problem-solving, and teamwork skills;
- establish contacts with Cornell alumni in Europe and with local policy and business executives;
- learn about important segments of Europe's rich historical, cultural, and religious heritage; and
- experience everyday life in Europe.
Who should attend
This program is designed for graduate and undergraduate students who are interested in international business and policy careers. Undergraduate students must have completed their sophomore year or higher by June 2014.