Arthur Frommer, founder of the Frommer's travel guides, attended CAU's summer program and described it as
"Exhilarating . . ."
"An eye-opening experience . . ."
and "Among competing vacations, this was one of the great values."
Later, on his radio program, The Travel Show, Frommer said, "If you have never been on a learning vacation you really owe it to yourself to try one next summer. Many people regard vacations of that sort as the most memorable in all the world of travel . . . I am already thinking of going back to Cornell for a week in the summer."
Frommer described his CAU experiences in more detail in the following pieces:
- The Two Big Programs of American Learning Vacations Have Increased Their Offerings This Coming Summer
From Arthur Frommer Online, 2/29/2012
- This Week's Posts Are Coming From Cornell's Adult University, Where I am Enjoying a Learning Vacation
From Arthur Frommer Online, 8/1/2011
- Cornell's Summer Learning Vacation Program Holds up Against the Best of Them
From Arthur Frommer Online, 8/3/2011
- My Learning Vacation at Cornell's Adult University Has Been Like Returning To Those Joyous Years As An Undergrad
From Arthur Frommer Online, 8/4/2011
- Budget Travel: Cornell's summer institute a stimulating value
By Arthur Frommer, August 21, 2011, in the Cape Cod Times
- The Travel Show, with Arthur and Pauline Frommer
"The Frommers discuss 'Learning Vacations' and Arthur's recent trip to Cornell's Adult University." Hour 1, August 7, 2011