Skip to content
Cornell University School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions

Changes in registration

Any change in registration that involves adding or dropping a course; changing from a letter grade to S-U option or vice versa; changing the number of credits; or changing from credit to audit or vice versa must be made by the dates outlined in the calendar.

A change-in-enrollment form must be completed to make these changes. The instructor's signature is required, and Cornell employees must also obtain approval from their supervisor and department head.


Students who withdraw from all their courses must turn in their ID card and lose all the privileges it provides. The notation "Withdrawn" and the effective date will appear on the student's transcript. Registrants who stop attending class without officially withdrawing do not receive a refund and earn a grade of "F" in the course.