This inspiring institute focuses on helping you enhance your effectiveness, hone your managerial skills, and excel within your institution. Through panel discussions, presentations, workshops, and case studies, you'll explore timely topics including:
- sponsored programs compliance
- innovation and creativity
- employment law
- operational risk
- negotiation in organizations
- people: difficult or different
- getting the most out of your teams
- financial imperatives
Presenters include distinguished members of university central administrations and faculties; college officers and unit managers whose work is recognized as outstanding; and senior representatives from a variety of institutions nationwide.
AMI is cosponsored by Cornell University and the Eastern Association of College and University Business Officers (EACUBO).
"This was probably the most useful program I have ever been a part of. It was well worth the cost and I am confident my managerial and leadership skills will develop.”
Who should attend
This program is designed for:
- College and university officers
- Administrative managers, directors, and supervisors
- Business managers, directors, and supervisors
- Department chairs and other faculty members with administrative responsibilities
- Expand your awareness of changes, trends, and issues shaping the work of unit managers and their institutions
- Deepen your understanding of managers' work and roles within the larger context of their colleges or universities
- Update and develop your technical skills and knowledge
- Provide you with opportunities to practice these new skills immediately and to develop strategies for subsequent applications
- Present individuals doing similar work in innovative and highly effective ways
- Allow you to hear, question, and interact with senior university administrators and exemplary administrative managers
AMI in the media
Listen to a July 7, 2015 podcast entitled "The Attitude/Behavior Connection at the 2015 Administrative Management Institute" -- published by Teibel Inc.
Listen to a June 2, 2014 podcast entitled "Financial Leadership in the Business Unit with AMI director Fred Rogers" -- published by Teibel Inc.
Read a July 30, 2014 blog entitled "Reflections on Decision-Making with the Administrative Management Institute" -- published by Teibel Inc.