Policy Development Program
September 13-14, 2018
- "Having just entered the policy world from a legal background, this program was so much more than educational. It gave me guidance, advice, and goals to work toward as I strive to elevate my institution's policies. This program also gave me a broad understanding and perspective of the cultural climate of the policy realm in higher education. A fantastic experience and a great place to bounce ideas off of peers for truly insightful feedback." —Pilar Hays
- "An informative and well-organized program.... The lessons and information I learned can be applied to my university, even though our culture, needs, and resources are different than Cornell's. All in all, a worthwhile experience." —Rory Kaneshiro
- "The program was well designed, the content was thoughtful, and the timing was nimbly executed. The discussions were meaningful, and questions were either answered or we were pointed to how to get our questions answered in our own policy environments. I feel fortunate to have attended."
- "Very thorough, good mix of speakers and topics. Very good exercises that helped clarify certain aspects of the policy process. I felt that the program validated many of the things I thought I already knew and shed light in other areas where I was less clear."
- "The program was a nice balance of theoretical and practical information. All of the presenters were very well prepared and the materials were excellent. I also enjoyed the mix of people who attended—I learned as much from them as from the presenters."
- "Prior to attending the conference, I had no formal policy development training. After attending the conference, I feel I have a comprehensive understanding of a best-in-class policy development process."
- "The panel discussions presented by people involved in the Cornell policy development program were outstanding. The location and the hotel were also superb. I really enjoyed Ithaca and the Cornell campus and would love to come back."
- "We are in the beginning stages of policy organization. This program not only gave the building blocks, but also tips for the future."
- "The depth of expertise was superior and the audience was great!"
- "I will bring many, many ideas back to my own institution."
- "I loved this program—so much information and so many stories about the policy process."
- "This was exactly what I was looking for: a good overview and a vision for what's needed. Congratulations!"
- "The policy program was excellent. The material was well organized and very well presented."
- "I was looking for a policy workshop with solid content applicable in principle and in structure for translations and application. I found it."
- "The sequence of the sessions was excellent. Each section provided a deeper level of understanding. On the last day I felt we had been provided with a rich array of resources."
- "The program exceeded my expectations. All sessions were very interesting and offered useful information."
- "I learned a lot and look forward to applying it to my university."