Skip to content
Cornell University School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions

Registration categories

Independent study

Class you want not listed? Take it independently! You can register for practically any Cornell class listed in Courses of Study if you can find a professor willing to supervise the coursework. Read more about independent study.

Students wanting to register for independent study:

  • Find a professor willing to supervise your coursework.
  • Complete the application for independent study (used for recording credit courses not listed in our online course catalog), available here or in B20 Day Hall.
  • Complete and submit the course enrollment form, available here or in B20 Day Hall. This must be done at least two weeks prior to beginning the independent study class.
  • Submit your payment

Note: You are not officially registered until you have submitted full payment. For payment amount and methods, see tuition.