See the part-time study calendar for registration dates.
- Complete the course enrollment form (pdf).
- Ask the course instructor(s) (or departments) to sign or stamp the form. The instructor determines if there is space in the class and if you have completed course prerequisites, if any. The instructor's signature or department stamp indicates you have permission to enroll in the class. If the college registrar's approval is required for your course, you should obtain it at this step.
- Bring the completed form to B20 Day Hall. See the calendar for registration dates. Late registrations are subject to a late fee.
- At registration you must pay tuition of $1,460 per credit and all course fees. For more information, see tuition and fees. For ways to pay, see payment methods. MasterCard and Visa are accepted for students not enrolled in a degree-granting program.
- Review the health insurance requirements, health history form, and immunization requirements on the health page and take action as needed. If you register for more than six credits, you must meet the New York State immunization requirements. Part-time students may register for eleven credits a semester, in the fall and spring semesters (credit limits differ for the summer and winter sessions). For more information, visit credits, grades, and transcripts.
Sponsored students are either exchange students who pay tuition to a "home" institution while taking classes through part-time study at Cornell or students who receive partial or total tuition funding as a benefit from another institution, corporation, or agency.
Sponsored students should consult their home institution or sponsor for registration instructions and should also follow the registration procedures listed above.
The sponsored student registration category includes:
- Corporate-sponsored students
- Government-sponsored students
- Empire State College students*
- ROTC students
- Binghamton University, Syracuse University, and University of Rochester graduate exchange students
- Wells College and Ithaca College undergraduates
* By registering through the School of Continuing Education, Empire State College students may take Cornell courses at a reduced tuition rate (25 percent of the regular Cornell tuition).
Empire State College students may register only for courses offered by the state contract schools and colleges of the university: the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, the College of Human Ecology, the School of Industrial and Labor Relations, and the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Please contact us for more information.
Corporate employees and military personnel
See your local human resources office for information on their tuition reimbursement program. Then, either follow the steps outlined above or contact our office to see how we can help you achieve your goals through part-time study.
Corporations, institutions, agencies, and other groups may arrange for a course to be offered at their place of business, at another convenient location, or through online learning, if sufficient enrollment is assured. Possible topics include negotiations, communications, managerial market strategies, writing, and applied engineering. For more information about on-site courses and online courses, contact the Special Programs office.