Skip to content
Cornell University School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions

Refund schedule

A student who drops a course (see changes in registration), or who has an approved refund petition, may receive a tuition refund according to the prorated schedule below.

If you have questions about this process, please check with the Continuing Education office when you submit your change-in-enrollment form or refund petition.

Note: If you withdraw without officially notifying the Continuing Education office, you will not receive a refund (and will receive a grade of F). For more information see withdrawal.

Course fees are nonrefundable.

Fall 2017 tuition refund schedule

DatesTuition liabilityTuition refund
8/22-8/28No charge100% refund
8/29-9/410% charge90% refund
9/5-9/1820% charge80% refund
9/19-9/2530% charge70% refund
9/26-10/240% charge60% refund
10/3-10/950% charge50% refund
10/10-10/1660% charge40% refund
10/17-10/2680% charge20% refund
10/27100% chargeNo refund

Spring 2018 tuition refund schedule

DatesTuition liabilityTuition refund
1/24-1/30No charge100% refund
1/31-2/610% charge90% refund
2/7-2/2020% charge80% refund
2/21-2/2730% charge70% refund
2/28-3/640% charge60% refund
3/7-3/1350% charge50% refund
3/14-3/2060% charge40% refund
3/21-4/880% charge20% refund
4/9100% chargeNo refund

If you want to appeal the refund schedule based on special circumstances, please download the petition form, complete it, and submit it to B20 Day Hall. The form will be reviewed by committee, and you will be notified if your appeal is approved.