Skip to content
Cornell University School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions

The information on this site pertains to the Summer College 2018 program. If you would like to be notified when 2019 information and applications are available, please join the Summer College announcement list. We also invite you to become a fan of our Summer College Facebook Page.

Credits, grades, transcripts


The academic credits you’ll earn at Summer College can generally be applied toward an undergraduate degree at Cornell or another school.

If you have any question about their transferability, check with the school or the specific Cornell college you’re thinking of attending.

Grades and transcripts

Summer College students receive letter grades only. You may not take courses on a pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory basis, except for Computer Science 1109. In addition, the non-credit Robotics program must be taken on pass/fail or satisfactory/unsatisfactory basis.

Please note that you will receive grades and credit only for completed coursework.

After Summer College is over, your enrollment in courses, your grades, and the number of credits you earned will be recorded on an official Cornell University transcript and will be a part of your permanent and complete academic record at the university. A student who successfully completes the non-credit Robotics program will also receive a Cornell transcript.

A bad grade cannot be deleted from your transcript. If you come to Cornell, the class(es) you take will always remain on your transcript and will appear in your cumulative GPA.

You will be able to see your final grade(s) by August 18 by logging on to your Student Center and clicking on "Grades" under Academic History. Your NetID and password are required. Grades cannot be given over the telephone, e-mail, or fax.

If you are unable to access your grade(s), please contact the IT Service Desk at 607.255.5500. Architecture students should contact 607.255.5237 if you have any questions about the evaluation.

How do Summer College alumni get transcripts sent to schools?

When you apply to colleges, you may want copies of your transcript forwarded to the schools of your choice. You may request a transcript(s) on or after August 18 at Your Cornell NetID and password are required.

For more information, visit the website for the Office of the University Registrar at

A word to parents

University policy and federal law guarantee each student the right to keep his or her records private, including professors' names, course schedules, and grade reports. The educational records of all students at Cornell, regardless of student age, are protected under both the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) and the Cornell University Access to Student Information, Policy 4.5.

Many families who still provide most of their child's financial support feel that they have a right to know what academic progress their child is making. Many students have grown up with their parents as active partners in their academic lives and are surprised to learn that the university does not automatically include parents when distributing grade reports and other educational records.

We encourage you to discuss these issues with your student and to maintain open communication about your student's academic life while attending Summer College.