The Summer College online application system will open in mid-January. Sign up now for our e-mail list to receive an announcement when the system is open. Meanwhile, we encourage you to visit the Getting started page to learn what you can do to prepare for the application process.
Tips for academic success
Top ten tips for academic success in Cornell University Summer College
- Be okay with not knowing; school is designed for those who don’t know.
- Understand and frequently remind yourself why the subject you are learning interests you.
- Read and listen to learn, then think about and discuss what you are learning.
- Ask for help when you need it, whether for classes or any other issues.
- Trust other people to be on your side.
- Develop a working understanding of the role sleep plays in learning.
- Become ever more conscious of how you use your time throughout the day.
- Experiment with methods you use for organizing and maintaining your belongings.
- Break your academic work down into manageable steps and stick with it.
- Be true to yourself and honest with everyone else.