Read about the Rural Scholarship Initiative funded by David R. Atkinson '60 and his wife, Patricia, which made it possible for eleven high-achieving area high school students to attend Summer College.
Below are a few of the scholarships currently supported by our generous sponsors. All awards are based on the demonstrated family financial need and outstanding academic ability:
- Targeted scholarships for Summer College students who cannot pay the full program charge and who may be the first in their family to attend college. Current scholarships are available only for students who demonstrate financial need and whose academic performance has been outstanding.
- The David R. and Patricia Atkinson Rural Scholarship Initiative for high-achieving, low-income students from small towns near Ithaca
- Conrad N. Hilton Foundation Scholarships
- Partial Dean's Scholarships
- Jerome H. Holland Memorial Scholarships
- Jerry M. Rivers Scholarships
- Cornell American Indian Program Scholarships
- Faye and Harry Blumin Scholarship for a student from Florida
- Goldfarb Family Scholarship and Hartford Scholarship for students from Hartford, Connecticut city schools.
- Jon Kopita Scholarship for students from New York City
- Additional scholarships are funded through individual gifts by Cornell alumni and/or matching corporate donations.