You'll find washers and dryers in each residence hall. We take care of your bed linens at the weekly linen exchange; all other laundering is up to you.
You can use the washers and dryers by "swiping" your Cornell ID card. Each wash cycle is $1.65 and each dry cycle is $1.25 (fees are subject to change). If you need to add laundry money to your Cornell ID card during the program, you can do so--after you arrive--by credit card. This can be done by giving your parents/guardians access to your account at http://card.campuslife.cornell.edu.
NOTE: Money put on a student's ID card for laundry and/or Summer Bucks is non-refundable.
How to set up and add money to a laundry account
- Visit https://card.campuslife.cornell.edu/
- On the right hand side of the page under "Card Services," click on "Create a New Account."
- On the page for "Create a New Account," under "New User Registration - Welcome to Cornell Dining," click on "Register."
- You will then be prompted to enter your Cornell ID number. After you have submitted this number, a password will be sent to your cornell.edu e-mail address.
- After receiving your account password, go to https://card.campuslife.cornell.edu/
- On the right hand side of the page under "Sign in," enter your Cornell ID number and password to access your account and add funds.
- Under the right "Navigate" panel, under "Card Services," click on "Add Money to Your Account."
- Select the tab of your preferred payment method, either Credit Card or Bursar.
- In the "Plan" drop-down menu, select the plan to which you want to add funds (e.g. "Big Red Bucks (BRBs) - Semester."
- Choose the amount you are adding to your account and enter your email address. If paying by credit card, enter credit card information.
- Click the "next" button to process your transaction.
- Confirm your information on the Confirmation Screen by clicking the "complete" button to complete your transaction or the "previous" button to edit your information.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your transaction is completed.