Below are the program charges for the 2017 Cornell University Summer College. These amounts cover:
- Academic fees, which include:
- Either tuition for enrollment in regular Cornell University undergraduate credit-bearing courses (two classes of up to eight credits for six weeks of study and one class of three to four credits for three weeks of study), OR academic fees for enrollment in the non-credit Robotics program,
- most course-specific fees, and
- an official Cornell University transcript.
- Residential service fees, which include:
- the cost of accommodations in a Cornell residence hall supervised by residential community advisors,
- a full meal plan,
- access to student life and safety services, and
- participation in learning activities, academic skills workshops, admissions workshops, one-on-one admissions counseling sessions, and a wide range of social activities.
|Program length||Program charge|
Note: These charges do not cover the cost of books, supplies, or travel to the program.
Summer College students living within the U.S.:
You are required to pay either the $100 summer Student Health Fee or enroll in Cornell’s Student Health Plan (SHP), see costs below. For information about the health fee, the health plan (including whether or not you need to enroll in it and, if so, how to enroll), and health services, visit the Summer College Health page.
Students living outside the U.S.:
You are required to enroll in Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP) for the length of your program. There is an additional charge for this coverage that will be added to your program charge above. We will automatically enroll you in SHP.
If you determine you need to purchase Cornell's SHP, the following additional fees will be assessed:
|Student Health Plan (SHP)||Total|
NOTE: Full payment is due within five business days from the date of your acceptance letter, however, if you are admitted within a week before or at the application deadline, full payment is due the day of your acceptance.
Students are NOT enrolled in their classes or assigned housing until the total program charge is paid in full. See payment methods.
It is critical that we receive your payment so that we and the many Cornell offices we work with have adequate time to:
- reserve your place in your accepted classes,
- assign you a room in one of our residence halls,
- plan your summer dining options, and
- attend to many other important details, all of which must be in place in order for us to meet the needs of all of our students.
International students: It is critical that we receive your full program charge immediately upon your acceptance to Summer College so that we can issue you an I-20. See our Apply now page for information.