Skip to content
Cornell University School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions



In addition to the academic counseling and advising available to Cornell undergraduates through the colleges and schools, staff members in the School office provide counseling and/or advising to students registered in summer and winter courses.

If you feel that a student requires counseling or advising, refer him or her to the School office directly, or, in difficult situations, contact the office to determine how to proceed. The SCE registrar is available to answer questions (607.255.4987).

Student in Distress

Faculty, graduate student lecturers, and TAs can play an effective role in noticing, approaching, and/or referring students in distress. If you are aware of a student in distress—for example, a student dealing with illness or hospitalization, a family emergency, or any situation in which the health or well-being of the student is in jeopardy—notify the SCE registrar or the associate dean for administration, Himani Mewar (607.255.6210).

More information about how to notice and respond to a student in distress is available in the Faculty Handbook and at Cornell Health.

In an immediate student crisis situation at any time, day or night, a university crisis manager is available to assist and can be paged via the Cornell Police at 607.255.1111.