The application deadline is July 18, 2018. All application materials must be received by the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions by the application deadline to be considered for fall 2018 admission.
To begin the application process,
- Set up a user account and password at http://www.gradschool.cornell.edu/admissions/applying/apply-now.
- Sign into your account. After completing the preliminary and biographical information, you will be asked for academic information. Search for “Post-Baccalaureate” and select “Nutrition – Post-Baccalaureate program in Health Studies (Certificate).”
An application is considered complete when the following have been received via the online application system:
- non-refundable application fee of $105 (please note: there are no fee waivers);
- completed online application;
- statement of purpose;
- current resume;
- three letters of recommendation; and
- official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, sent directly to the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions (address below).
- Optional: copies of official score reports for MCAT, DAT, GRE, SAT, and ACT.
Statement of purpose
This one- or two-page document should state your reasons for undertaking post-baccalaureate graduate work and explain your academic interests, including their relation to your undergraduate study and professional goals. Importantly, if your undergraduate academic record does not accurately reflect your potential, please provide an explanation; if you experienced a challenging event during your undergraduate career that caused a drop in your GPA, please explain and include how you overcame this challenge. Include your full name at the top of each page.
Letters of recommendation
At least two of the three letters of recommendation should come from individuals with whom you have had a close professional or academic association and who can evaluate your potential in the health-care profession. Letters of recommendation from family, friends, and clergy will only be considered if the other two letters are from professional associates or an employer.
Unsigned letters or letters not presented on official letterhead will not be accepted. We accept composite letters, providing the individual faculty letters with signatures that were used to develop the composite letter are included. A composite letter that does not include the individual letters and signatures will be counted as only one letter of recommendation, regardless of the number of recommenders who sign it.
Please note: If you believe that your undergraduate academic record does not accurately reflect your capabilities, your application will be enhanced if you have a letter writer who can attest to your potential and show evidence of your achievements.
Letters of recommendation should be sent and received via the online application system.
Standardized test scores
To enhance your application, you may submit a PDF of the official score report from the MCAT, DAT, GRE, SAT, or ACT.
If you have any questions about applying, please contact us at:
DNS/Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health Studies
School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions
B20 Day Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853-2801