Skip to content
Cornell University School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions

The information below pertains to Summer Session 2018. If you would like to be notified when Summer Session 2019 course information is available, please sign up for e-mail updates.

Grades and transcripts

Grades and symbols

Refer to the Cornell University Courses of Study website for complete information. Please note these summer-specific details:

  • S/U grading is not available to students enrolled in Cornell University Summer College.
  • If you drop a course after
    • Friday, June 8 in the three-week session,
    • Thursday, July 5 in the eight-week session,
    • or Friday, July 13 in the six-week session,
    the symbol "W" appears on your transcript for the dropped course. The purpose is to maintain the transcript as a true and complete record of course attendance.
  • When you register as an auditor, the symbol "V" appears on your transcript after successful completion of the course. Note: Cornell undergraduates are not permitted to audit courses.

You will be able to see your final grade(s) at the end of the semester by logging on to Student Center and clicking on "Grades" under Academic History. Your NetID and password are required. Grades cannot be given over the telephone, e-mail, or fax. If you are unable to access your grade(s), please contact the IT service desk at 607.255.5500. See the Summer Session calendar for dates of grade(s) availability.


Your enrollment as a Summer Session student in courses, your grades, and the number of credits you earn will be recorded on an official Cornell University transcript and will be a part of your permanent and complete academic record at the university. There is only a single complete Cornell University record for each student. All courses offered through Summer Session are Cornell University courses.

To request a transcript, visit transcripts on the Office of the University Registrar website. Your Cornell NetID and password are required. See the Summer Session calendar for dates of transcript availability.

How do Summer Session students who don't have a NetID request a transcript?

If you do not have a NetID and/or attended Cornell prior to 1982, please use the self-registration ordering site to request a transcript.

For more information, visit the Office of the University Registrar website.