Skip to content
Cornell University School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions

Enrollment and registration

Independent study

To enroll in independent study:

  • Find a professor willing to supervise your coursework.
  • Complete the application for independent study (used for recording credit courses not listed in our online course catalog), available here or in B20 Day Hall.
  • Complete and submit the Summer Session course-enrollment form, available here or in B20 Day Hall. This must be done at least two weeks prior to beginning the independent study class.
  • Submit your payment
  • Review the Welcome Guide, which outlines how to prepare for Summer Session and what to do when you arrive on campus.

Note: You are not officially registered for summer session until you have submitted full payment. For payment amount and methods, see "Tuition."