Tuition and payments
Costs for the program are tuition of $1,360 per credit plus a $650 program fee, for a total of $8,810 for six credits. The program covers ground transportation costs in Rome and to nearby towns plus all admission costs associated with program site visits and day trips. Students also will receive metro passes or bus tickets that will enable them to travel locally seven days a week; the passes will take them by bus, tram, and subway to every area of Rome, and, by train, to four beaches at and near Ostia.
The tuition and fees do not include air travel, most meals, and books/supplies.
Each deadline requires deposits to be made in, or mailed to, two separate locations on the Cornell campus, one for tuition/program fee, one for housing.
Deposits—due by Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- Tuition: A $1,500 nonrefundable tuition deposit, payable by check to Cornell University, must be received in the Summer Session office, B20 Day Hall, accompanied by a completed registration form no later than the deadline. Please write "Rome Writing" on the notation line on your check.
- Housing: A $750 nonrefundable housing deposit, payable by check to Cornell University, must be received at the AAP Business Service Center (Attn: Donna Stevens), 140 East Sibley Dome. Please write "Rome Writing" on the notation line on your check.
Final payments—due by Wednesday, April 19, 2017
- Tuition: The balance of the tuition and program fee is due in the Summer Session office, B20 Day Hall. Make check payable to Cornell University and write "Rome Writing" on the notation line on your check.
- Housing: The balance of the housing payment is due at the AAP Business Service Center (Attn: Donna Stevens), 140 East Sibley Dome. (You will receive an e-mail with the amount due.) Make check payable to Cornell University and write "Rome Writing" on the notation line on your check.
Refund schedule (based on program start date):
- Days 1–3: Withdrawal period with a 100 percent tuition refund
- Days 4–5: Withdrawal period with a 50 percent tuition refund
- Day 6: Withdrawal period with a 0 percent refund
If you want to appeal the refund schedule based on special circumstances, please download and complete the petition form and submit it to B20 Day Hall. The form will be reviewed by committee, and you will be notified if your appeal is approved.
Mailing addresses for payment
(Checks must arrive by the above dates.)
Tuition and program fee
Imagining Rome: Creative Writing Workshop in Italy
School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions
B20 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853-2801
Ms. Donna L. Stevens
Rome Summer Housing Fee
Rome Office, 140 East Sibley Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853-6701