Tuition and payments
Costs for the program are tuition of $1,460 per credit plus a $650 non-refundable program fee, for a total of $9,410 for six credits. The program covers ground transportation costs in Rome and to nearby towns plus all admission costs associated with program site visits and day trips. Students also will receive metro passes or bus tickets that will enable them to travel locally seven days a week; the passes will take them by bus, tram, and subway to every area of Rome, and, by train, to four beaches at and near Ostia. The program also provides several meals at restaurants during the program.
Housing fees, separate from tuition and program amounts, are paid directly to AAP.
Please note: The tuition and fees do not include air travel, most meals, and books/supplies.
Deposits—due by Friday, February 22, 2019
- Non-refundable program fee of $650 and a completed enrollment form is due upon your formal acceptance into the program. Please mail or bring these into the Special Programs office at B20 Day Hall.
- Housing: A $750 nonrefundable housing deposit, payable by check to Cornell University, must be received at the AAP Business Service Center (Attn: Tolkyn Aidarova-Vuong), 140 East Sibley Dome. Please write “Rome Art/Writing" on the notation line on your check.
Final payments—due by Thursday, April 18, 2019
- Tuition: Total tuition of $8,760 (for 6 credits) is due in the Summer Session office, B20 Day Hall. Make check payable to Cornell University and write "Rome Art/Writing" on the notation line on your check. (Financial aid students whose final payments are covered by their aid packages may request that final payments be made electronically with their financial aid funds.)
- Housing: The balance of the housing payment is due at the AAP Business Service Center (Attn: Tolkyn Aidarova -Vuong), 140 East Sibley Dome. (You will receive an e-mail with the amount due.) Make check payable to Cornell University and write "Rome Art/Writing" on the notation line on your check. (Financial aid students whose final payments are covered by their aid packages may request that final payments be made electronically with their financial aid funds.)
To withdraw from this special program, you must notify the SCE registrar's office in writing. Your refund amount will be determined by the number of days from the start of the program that you withdraw.
Refund schedule (based on program start date):
- Days 1–3: Withdrawal period with a 100 percent tuition refund
- Days 4–5: Withdrawal period with a 50 percent tuition refund
- Day 6: Withdrawal period with a 0 percent refund
If you want to appeal the refund schedule based on special circumstances, please download the petition form, complete it, and submit it to B20 Day Hall. The form will be reviewed by committee, and you will be notified if your appeal is approved.