A few places still remain in this program. Contact the program director immediately at email@example.com to enroll.
In this intensive six-week program you will immerse yourself in Spanish culture, significantly improve your language skills, and earn up to eight credits.
You'll use Spanish in and outside of the classroom, get to know and interact with native speakers, participate in site visits to museums and venues of historical importance, attend concerts and theater productions, and experience life in a European nation.
In addition, this program will prepare you for early entry into a minor or major in Spanish.
This program is designed for students who
- are interested in learning the language in context,
- are curious about discovering a different culture,
- wish to take advantage of their linguistic background and increase their language proficiency,
- want to fulfill their language requirement, and
- are ready for a fun yet academically challenging summer.
What the summer program in Madrid means for you:
- taking one or two courses taught by Cornell faculty,
- spending six weeks in a Spanish-speaking country,
- satisfying the language requirements for the College of Arts and Sciences, and
- advancing your language skills and covering some of the requirements for a minor or a major in Spanish. (SPAN 2190, Spanish Intermediate Composition and Conversation I, is the prerequisite for the major; SPAN 2230, Perspectives on Spain, counts as an elective for the major, and is a core course for the minor.)
Read about the program in the Cornell Chronicle.