The program director and staff determine hospital placements. Placements are non-negotiable.
Priority will be given to students who apply for placement in public hospitals, at the discretion of the program director.
NYC Health + Hospitals affiliates
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln (Bronx)
- Woodhull Medical Center (Brooklyn)
- Harlem Hospital (not confirmed)
- Cumberland Diagnostic and Treatment Center affiliated with Woodhull Medical Center (Brooklyn)
NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell affiliates
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian Lower Manhattan Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
- NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Hospital
- Lincoln Medical Center (Bronx)
Medical and security clearance
The medical and security clearance processes are different for each hospital.
After accepted students have been assigned to a hospital, they will receive detailed medical clearance instructions by e-mail. These must be carefully followed and completed by the due dates.
Appointments to complete the medical clearance process will be made for students with the Office of Health Safety (OHS) or Workforce Health and Safety (WHS) at each of the respective hospitals. This entails a mandatory on-site drug test. Exceptions are not possible.
If students fail to follow directions for completing their forms, they will either not be able to participate in the program or they will have their participation delayed by up to two weeks. Program cost will not be refunded.
Examples of previous rotations