Tuition and fees
Once accepted into CCUSP, students must pay their total program charge. Rates for 2018 will be posted soon.
The program charge covers:
- Tuition, which includes enrollment in one or two credit-bearing Cornell University courses and most course-specific fees;
- Cornell's Student Health Plan (SHP)*; and
- A campus-life fee, which includes:
- housing in a Cornell residence hall;
- a full meal plan at on-campus dining halls;
- local and on-campus bus pass; and
- academic workshops, social events (including one off-campus tour), and other group activities to be announced.
* To ensure that they have access to campus health services, CCUSP students will automatically be enrolled in Cornell’s Student Health Plan (SHP). Students should review the "Health Fee and Student Health Plan (SHP)" section of the summer Health page for more information. Note: You should receive all required immunizations prior to arriving at Cornell.
The program charge does not cover the cost of books, supplies, or transportation to or from the program, which is at the student’s discretion.
Please submit payment for the full program charge through the School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions payment portal for international students at sce.flywire.com. (When setting up your Flywire account, use the same e-mail that you used for your CCUSP application.)
Flywire allows you to pay securely from any bank, generally in your home currency. Payment methods for CCUSP through Flywire include domestic bank transfers, debit/credit card payments in your home currency, and electronic payments (including UPOP and Allipay.com).
When you make a payment through Flywire you can
- Track your payment from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night.
For more information, visit the Flywire help page.
NOTE: Students are not officially enrolled in CCUSP until the full payment is posted to their account.
The total program charge is due in our office within 5 business days from the date of your acceptance letter. If you are admitted within a week before or at the application deadline, full payment is due the day of your acceptance. Students are NOT enrolled in their classes or assigned housing until the total program charge is paid in full.
To withdraw from this special program, you must notify the SCE registrar's office in writing. Your refund amount will be determined by the number of days from the start of the program that you withdraw.
Refund schedule (based on program start date):
- Days 1–3: Withdrawal period with a 100 percent tuition refund
- Days 4–5: Withdrawal period with a 50 percent tuition refund
- Day 6: Withdrawal period with a 0 percent refund
If you want to appeal the refund schedule based on special circumstances, please download and complete the petition form and submit it to B20 Day Hall. The form will be reviewed by committee, and you will be notified if your appeal is approved.