What to bring
Below is a list of items you will want to bring with you
- Cell phone or prepaid phone card and your address book—landline phones are not available in students' rooms
- Debit and/or credit card—banks on the Cornell campus do not cash money orders, traveler's checks, or personal checks
We also recommend informing your bank or credit card company that you'll be using your card overseas.
- Comfortable shoes
- Sweater or sweatshirt
- Small backpack or book bag
- Prescription medicines to last the duration of the program
Please clearly mark medications with your name, your doctor's name, refill instructions, and the drug name, dosage, and purpose.
- International voltage converter and/or plug adaptor for electronics
- Extra batteries and USB flash drives/SD cards for computers or cameras
You may also want to bring
- Non-prescription medications and favorite toiletries, which may or may not be available in Ithaca
- An extra pair of eyeglasses or contacts
- Gym clothes