Skip to content
Cornell University School of Continuing Education and Summer Sessions

Financial aid

Cornell undergraduates

Are you in need of financial assistance for Summer Session? If you are a Cornell undergraduate in good academic standing and you receive financial aid during the academic year, you may apply for summer financial aid through Cornell’s Undergraduate Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment. Funding is in the form of work expectation and loan awarded within need-based financial eligibility and availability of funds.

Because funding is limited, you must apply by the April 30, 2019 deadline. Late applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. All past-due bursar and CornellCard balances must be paid in full before submitting your aid application. Summer aid will not be processed and you will not be registered for Summer Session until balances from the prior fall and current spring are clear.

Financial aid application forms are available online at the Cornell University Financial Aid website. Please make sure that you pre-enroll in your courses prior to submitting an aid application, pre-enrollment deadlines allowing. You will receive electronic notification of your financial aid award to your Cornell e-mail account once it has been processed.

The Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment must receive written notification from you, the student, of all changes to enrollment once an aid application has been submitted. If you change enrollment or drop your courses entirely, your aid will be subject to change or be cancelled, making the student and family responsible for the payment of all charges.

Cornell Children's Tuition Scholarships (CCTS)

Children of an eligible Cornell employee who are attending an accredited institution for an undergraduate degree may receive a scholarship to take courses and special programs at Cornell during the summer.

Information on the CCTS program, including the amount awarded to students attending Summer Session, can be obtained from the Office of Human Resources, Cornell University, 395 Pine Tree Road, Suite 102, Ithaca, NY 14850 (telephone: 607.255.3936).

Other possible ways to fund your studies

Find a grant or fellowship: Search the Cornell Career Services Library for information about grants and fellowships.

Think outside the box: Throughout your planning, don't be afraid to get creative! For inspiration, read how Summer College alumni found a way to fund their Summer College experience.