Payment may be made by:
- Cornell Net.Pay
- check, money order, or domestic wire transfer
- or, for international payers, via Flywire
See details below.
If you have an outstanding indebtedness to the university, you will not be allowed to register, obtain a transcript, have academic credits certified, be granted a leave of absence, or receive a degree until the indebtedness is satisfactorily cleared with the Office of the Bursar.
The amount, time, and manner of payment of tuition and fees, and other charges, may be changed at any time and without notice.
Net.Pay is a web-based billing and payment service, available to students with a Cornell student ID and NetID, that enables you to make fast, secure, and convenient online payments with a U.S. checking or savings account. Please note: Net.Pay cannot be used for non-refundable deposits.
Checks for payment of tuition will be accepted only if they are:
- made payable to "Cornell University"
- drawn on banks located in the United States, and
- payable in U.S. dollars.
Checks returned for insufficient funds are charged a $25 fee (to be replaced by cash, cashier's check, or U.S. money order). You are also charged any applicable late fees incurred as a result.
To submit payment from outside the U.S., visit sce.flywire.com. Please note:
- When setting up your Flywire account, use the same e-mail that you used on your Summer Session enrollment form
- When selecting your program option, choose “Other” and then enter your session and class/program (for example, Summer: AMST 2020)
Payment will be posted to your account within two to five business days.
Flywire allows you to pay securely from any bank, generally in your home currency.
When you make a payment through Flywire you can
- Track your payment from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night.
College savings plans (such as 529s)
For information about college savings plans, please see Bursar Services.
- If paying by mail: Mail your payment with a completed course-enrollment form or a printout of your online enrollment summary to:
Cornell University Summer Session
B20 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853-2801
Payments must be postmarked by the deadlines below.
- If paying in person: Bring your payment with a completed course-enrollment form or a printout of your online enrollment summary to B20 Day Hall by the deadlines below.
Payment is due in full for all sessions in which you're enrolled according to the deadlines below:
- If you enroll before May 6, 2016, payment is due on or before May 6
- If you enroll after May 6, 2016, payment is due immediately upon enrollment and a $100 nonrefundable one-time registration fee will be charged
In addition, all prior balances must be paid to avoid registration delays.
Tuition for off-campus and special programs varies. Please see individual program descriptions.