High school students
If you're a high school student interested in taking an online course this winter, please read the online courses page on the Cornell University Summer College website.
If you are a local high school student, you may enroll in an on-campus Winter Session course with permission. To receive permission, please follow these steps:
- Review the course description for the class you'd like to take to be sure you meet any course prerequisites listed.
- Send an e-mail to the Cornell University Summer College director, Jim Schechter (email@example.com), with "Approval to take a Winter Session course" as the subject. Your message should include:
- your request to enroll in a Winter Session class,
- the name of the class you'd like to take, and
- your name, address, and phone number.
Fax a PDF of your official high school transcript (in English and including your most current grades) to 607.255.6665. We will also accept your transcript by mail (Cornell University Summer College, B20 Day Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853-2801). Please write "Winter Session Course" at the top of the transcript cover page.
- The Summer College director will review your request and send you an e-mail notifying you of the decision.
- If you are granted permission to enroll, please submit a copy of the permission e-mail you received from the Summer College director along with your course enrollment form. For additional instructions, visit the general registrants page.
For more information, please call 607.255.6203 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although you are subject to the same rules and regulations as other students, as a high school student at Cornell there may be circumstances in which more-specific program and/or statutory requirements apply.