How to register
Cornell has an open-admissions policy for Winter Session that is independent of admission to the fall and spring academic terms.
To attend Winter Session you must
- Enroll: enrollment involves letting us know who you are and what course you would like to take. We urge you to enroll as soon as possible to get into the course you want and to avoid paying applicable fees.
- Register: registration happens when you pay. All students must pay tuition and fees in full on or before their registration deadline.
Your enrollment is contingent upon meeting any course prerequisites, completing your registration, and fulfilling any other applicable requirements. It is also subject to space availability in your selected class.
Please be sure to review the Winter Session health requirements and take action if needed.
You are also expected to be familiar with the information contained on the Cornell Policies page, including the statements on academic integrity, attendance, and registration.
So let's get started. Who are you?
- an undergraduate student
- a graduate student
- a student wanting to register for independent study
- an international student
- a high school student
- a Cornell employee
- a Cornell retiree
- a senior citizen
- someone interested in auditing a course
- an adult learner, general registrant, or part-time student
If you're not certain where you fit in, please contact us and we'll be happy to help you.
Before downloading and submitting these forms, please read the information linked above to be sure you follow the correct enrollment procedures.
To protect your information, do not fax or e-mail forms containing your Social Security Number and/or date of birth. Instead, we recommend you submit forms containing this information in person or via postal mail.