If you're a Cornell student registered for Winter Session classes, you may use your Cornell ID card.
If you're not a Cornell student and are registered for a Winter Session class, please come to B20 Day Hall on or after your first day of class to pick up an ID Request Form. You will then take this form to the University Registrar to have your picture taken and to receive your Cornell ID. There is a $40 charge to replace a lost ID.
As a Winter Session student you will need to obtain a Cornell Network ID (NetID), if you don't already have one, to:
- gain easy access to your transcript,
- obtain your grades through the Student Center,
- access library services and Blackboard (used for DL classes),
- use Cornell's network services, including e-mail,
- set up mail forwarding,
- enroll in the emergency notification system,
- complete online Winter Session evaluations, and more.
To get your NetID:
- if you're studying on campus, take your Cornell ID to the IT Service Desk, located in Room 121 of the Computing and Communications Center (CCC), 607.255.5500. It's open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- if you're studying off campus, contact the the IT Service Desk to begin the process.
For more information about NetIDs, visit the NetID FAQs.