If you have an outstanding indebtedness to the university, you will not be allowed to register, obtain a transcript, have academic credits certified, be granted a leave of absence, or receive a degree until the indebtedness is satisfactorily cleared with the Office of the Bursar.
The amount, time, and manner of payment of tuition and fees, and other charges, may be changed at any time and without notice.
International payment methods
To submit payment from outside the U.S.
To submit payment from outside the U.S., visit sce.flywire.com. Please note:
- When setting up your Flywire account, use the same e-mail that you used on your Winter Session enrollment form
- When selecting your program option, choose "Other" and then enter your session and class/program (for example, Winter: AMST 2020)
Payment will be posted to your account within two to five business days.
Flywire allows you to pay securely from any bank, generally in your home currency.
When you make a payment through Flywire you can
- Track your payment from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates
- Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night.
For more information, visit the Flywire help page.
Payment methods for students in the U.S.
CASHNet (matriculated students, available October 14)
CASHNet is a web-based billing and payment service, available to students with a Cornell student ID and NetID, that enables you to make fast, secure, and convenient online payments with a U.S. checking or savings account.
Note: To ensure correct bursar billing, CASHNet payments for Winter Session should not be made until October 14. In addition, CASHNet cannot be used for non-refundable deposits.
Checks or money orders
Checks for payment of tuition will be accepted only if they are:
- made payable to "Cornell University"
- drawn on banks located in the United States, and
- payable in U.S. dollars.
Checks returned for insufficient funds are charged a $25 fee (to be replaced by cash, cashier's check, or U.S. money order). You are also charged any applicable late fees incurred as a result.
Domestic wire transfer
For more information see wire transfer instructions.
Credit card (non-matriculated students only)
Please note: Matriculated Cornell students cannot pay tuition or fees by credit card. Please use CASHNet instead.
To make a payment with a credit card, click here.
College savings plans (such as 529s)
For information about college savings plans, please see Bursar Services.
- If paying by mail: Mail your payment with a completed course enrollment form to:
Cornell University Winter Session
B20 Day Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853-2801
Payments must be postmarked by the deadline on the academic calendar.
- If paying in person: Bring your payment with a completed course enrollment form to B20 Day Hall by the deadline on the academic calendar.